Tuesday 15 November 2011

November 16: A Brother's Birthday



This is the card I made for Jonah from my parents. I think I would like to try stitching around the edges, just to jazz it up a little. I really like the bold font against the spiky circle with the calm paper in the middle and notebook paper beneath that. Very boyish kind of card, but again, mix up the colours and it's perfect for a girl!


This is the card I made for Jonah from me. It's very similar to the cards at the very beginning of the blog, as the colour theme and shapes are the same. You'll notice on the front I have written, 'Happy birthday, mate.' Too often I think people email, text, tweet and message, writing things that just aren't like them, and not writing the things they actually would say normally. I usually call Jonah 'mate' and hardly ever call him by his real name. However brief this message is, the fact the I have said 'Happy birthday, mate' means that even if the card was sent from Mars with no writing on the inside and no return address, Jonah would know without a doubt, that this card was from me.

3 comments: