Tuesday 12 March 2013

Texture

When card making, it is very easy to accidentally create cards that look similar to each other. Perhaps it is because you don't have time, you have a lack of inspiration, or maybe you genuinely like the style you've come up with, but for whatever reason, your cards can tend to look the same. I found myself recently sinking into this situation, so I decided to jazz things up a little by giving my card a diversity of texture. 
 

 ote that this card has at least 3 different textures. I have placed vellum over normal scrapbooking paper, stitching them together, since without doing so the eye as well as the hand would get bored with what they were taking in. On top of that, I've stuck a frayed strip of fabric which goes over the ends of the stitching, the vellum and the paper, giving the card a satisfying look and feel. Finally, I have put yet another texture on top,the brown paper, to carry the intended message. Texture is an extremely important aspect of card making, and indeed most crafts, as it one of the things that makes your finished product interesting and unique.

4 comments:

  1. It's such a beautiful card Annie! I have been really lacking creativity in my cards, I might try this tecneique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely one of my favourite birthday cards you've made Annie...I love the texture and it looks even better in real life! :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh!! Just love this Annie. All the colors and different papers and fabrics. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete