Wednesday 15 May 2013

Graphically Speaking: Part 1


Some exciting things have been happening around here...
Lately I've been putting away the old paper cutter, glue and stamps, and pulling out the pencils, paintbrushes and water colours! Suffice to say that I have had a number of "I never knew I had it in me" moments, and as people 'ooh' and 'ahh' at my new-found gift, I can't help but think back to my cards. Turns out water colouring and cards go together like ketchup and fries! My method at the moment consists of:


 1. Actually painting the design.





 2. Scanning the end products. 







 3. Altering them graphically on a computer.







4. Printing out the design onto card.







And there you have it! I was actually surprised myself at how well they all turned out, and am looking forward to creating new designs. I hope you have enjoyed the few I have made so far. Stay tuned for more!

10 comments:

  1. Those are the most awesome cards ever!!!!! You have such a gift. I think the watercolour idea is great and I'd like to see a lot more of them!!

    Eloise xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great ideas, they will make such excellent cards!
    So proud of your watercolour paintings, especially your newest addition :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Annie! Sooo beautiful! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWZAS!! Love it, Annie!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are just amazing Annie! x Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  6. WoWWOWOW Annie! This is just so amazing. I love the water color. Each design was just so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Annie - I LOVE these. Encore, encore!

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are absolutely lovely!!! I'm in love with the happy birthday banner. xx

    ReplyDelete